Dog Bite Cases
Dog or animal bite cases in Virginia can be sensitive matters that affect everyone involved in the case. Harris Law Firm, PLC is here for you to help you through the difficulties of this type of case. You should be compensated for your injuries that were caused by the animal. Contact Harris Law Firm today at 540 371-4941 and speak with an experienced personal injury attorney.
Under Virginia Law, a person is liable if his dog attacks someone in most cases.
- A dog owner is civilly liable for a dog bite, if the dog owner ordered or made the dog attack the victim.
- A dog owner is civilly liable for a dog bite, if the dog owner knowingly kept a dog that had previously bitten a person or exhibited a tendency or intention to someday bite a person.
- A dog owner is civilly liable for a dog bite, if the dog owner is negligent in any way that results in any injury caused by a dog.
- A dog owner who violates a public health and safety law such as a leash law or a prohibition against dogs running at large if it leads to the dog bite.
- Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania, Stafford, King George, and Northumberland all have dog laws.
Contact The Harris Law Firm
If you are in need of legal representation by a caring, professional, and experience attorney with a track record of success with personal injury, wrongful death, and accident cases, call us today or click the link below to schedule a consultation.